WHO WE ARE
Who is Nicholas Tung? Nicholas Tung is a boutique Business Consultancy Firm based in Singapore. The Team of Certified Management Consultants are recognized by Enterprise Singapore Government (ESG) to perform business related consultancy to support Singapore based firms in developing their core capabilities.
Our website address is: https://nicholastung.com.
PDPA ACT 2020
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Nicholas Tung (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organizations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice: “customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us or we have contacted through any means to find out more about any goods or services through our Designated Consultants and Free Lancer or Affiliate Exclusive Sales and Marketing Agents through mediums including but not limited to our Website or Landing pages, Social Media Accounts, Opt In Lead Generation Form, Referral Introduction Short Messaging Service (SMS), Electronic Data Mailer (EDM), Emails, WhatsApp, Face to Face Meeting or Virtual Zoom or Microsoft Meetings. .
- We provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply or rendering of any products or services respectively by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include Company name, Your First and Last name, Private Email addresses, Personal Landline or WhatsApp Business Contact number or Handphone number, Nationality, Gender, Certain Financial information (Sales, Remuneration, Depreciation and Net profit before Tax), Notice of Assessment (NOA) and CPF records.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes: performing obligations in the course to fulfill contractual agreement of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- Verifying your true identity;
- Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- Managing your relationship with us; and enhancing our business operational processes or data analytics to offer better product or service offerings;
- We may disclose your personal data: where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of fulfillment of contractual agreement or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you or Designated Consultants and Free Lancer or Affiliate Exclusive Sales and Marketing Agents, ; or
- to third party service providers such as Web Hosting Companies, Auditors, Channel Partners, Affiliate Exclusive Sales and Marketing Agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the fulfillment of any product or services as stated in the Scope Of Work or Annex in the Contractual Agreement.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period subjected to the laws applicable under the Republic of Singapore thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
Withdrawing your consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until up to seven (7) business working days from the time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to our official Data Protection Officer (DPO) email address to withdraw your consent, we will require up to seven (7) working business days (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within seven (7) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a good position to fulfill our contractual agreement of any product or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing through our official (DPO) email.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws for compliance purposes.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that will be charged at (SGD$20/hour) subjected to the complexity of the request. The fees charge for an access request shall only be calculated on a manpower hours basis to fulfill the request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within fourteen (14) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as minimized collection of personal data, web security measures against risks, and security review and testing performed regularly.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we have adopted a reasonable web security management plan to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
1st layer – SSL certificate on the Domain level
SSL is the standard for encrypted communication between servers and browsers. A browser receives and interprets this certificate and verifies its authenticity. Once the verification has been performed, all the data sent through the secure connection is encrypted. The SSL protocol is a four-layer construct that securely encrypts the data between a server and a browser.
2nd layer – Word fence (Free version) Security plugin on Website level
- Web Application Firewall identifies and blocks malicious traffic.
- Integrated malware scanner blocks requests that include malicious code or content.
- Protection from brute force attacks by limiting login attempts.
- Malware scanner checks against core files, themes and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections.
- Compares our core files, themes and plugins with what is in the WordPress.org repository, checking against their integrity and reporting any changes to us.
- Repair files that we have changed by overwriting them with a pristine, original version. Delete any files that don’t belong easily within the Word fence interface.
- Checks your site for known security vulnerabilities and alerts you to any issues. Alerts us to potential security issues when a plugin has been closed or abandoned.
- Checks our content safety by scanning file contents, posts and comments for dangerous URLs and suspicious content.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer (DPO) in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Time on time, we may contact you only if we feel that your personal data may be inaccurate and make contact to make corrective to ensure your personal data is accurate.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
We do transfer your personal data to country outside of Singapore, in specific India where our Development team is located to fulfill the contractual agreement. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
RENTENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will retain your personal data primarily for the duration to execute or maintain contractual agreement. Primarily, as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose to fulfill the contractual agreement for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to use your personal data, and dispose all data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
WHATS RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have left your personal information in this site, , you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. All of your data are stored on cloud and with Bluehost. Malware attacks protection are our priority but since our hosting of the website is done by a third party provider, we will do our best to protect your data.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service in the updating of content within our website;
- To provide the Service of website development on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how well is the user experience in the website
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. However, there is no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage that is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security and we will do our best and all individuals within nicholastung.com understands and are trained to comply with PDPA act 2012 if they are personnel that falls under Collect, Use, Dispose or Store (CUDS).
EMBEDDED CONTENT IN WEBSITE
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do install multiple analytics tracking for our marketing purposes. We do not store any of your personal data. For marketing purposes, should you decide to opt of of any marketing related activities, please inform us in writing through our official (DPO) email.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name of DPO : Tung Kai Sheng
Contact No. : +65 86684687
Address: 10 Ubi Crescent, Ubi Tech Park, Lobby B, #05-32 Singapore 408564
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 28/04/2021 Last updated : 02/07/2021